Please enable it in the app's preference.
Sync via third-party cloud storages
"Files Integration" makes it easy to synchronize projects across multiple devices of the same user via Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. Below, the example demonstrates how to sync projects via OneDrive.
The file transferring is controlled by the OneDrive service, and the app has no control over when and how the project files transfer among devices.
Most of the time, OneDrive works well, and the file sync is speedy. However, if you find the synchronization can not complete as expected in time.
- Please make sure that you are using the SAME OneDrive account on multiple devices.
- Access OneDrive website to check if the project files have been transferred to the OneDrive server.
- To check if the project files synchronization completed to the device, please check the project files in the "Files" app (developed by Apple) or the OneDrive app (developed by Microsoft) on the iOS device.
- Check the last modified time of the project file on the device to make sure that the synchronization completed.
Some users may expect to edit the same project (open from iCloud Drive directly) on multiple devices at the SAME time. We want to emphasize here that editing the same project on multiple devices at the SAME time is impossible via iCloud Drive.
Because tasks in the project schedule are in a TREE structure, there are tight relationships between them. For example, there are the date constraint relationships via the task links, and the parent-child via task group hierarchy relationships.
Editing two or more task items at the same time will cause severe logic problems. Following are some cases which may cause logic problems when operating on two devices at the same time:
- (On Device A), add a task to a task group; (On Device B), the same task group is being removed.
- (On Device A), assign a project member to a task; (On Device B), the project member is being removed from project resources.
- (On Device A), move a task to change date; (On Device B) Move another task, which is the successor of the being moved task on the Device A.
- (On Device A), we find the project data been changed unexpectedly. For example, the task work is updated to an unexpected value "automatically." We are confused and think it is a bug; (On Device B), actually, someone else changed the task work on the Device B.
- Sync via iCloud Drive
- Sync via OneDrive
- Sharing Project from iPad
- Import Project on iPad
- Sharing Project from iPhone
- Import Project on iPhone
- Sharing Project via AirDrop
- Sharing Project via Email
- Sharing Project via Dropbox
- Sharing Project via Google Drive
- Sharing Project via OneDrive
- Sharing Project via Box Cloud
- Sharing Project via 3rd Apps