QuickPlan supports to export the project as Microsoft project plan file (in XML format), the XML file can be opened by Microsoft project. Microsoft project plan file can be saved as XML file on the PC, and QuickPlan can import the .xml file as a new project.
Exporting to MS Project
- Export the project as Microsoft Project file in XML format
- On a PC, open Microsoft Project app, click the "Open" menu to open the XML file.
- Select "As a new project" option, then to click the "Finish" button.
- A new Project will be created in MS Project.
MS project requests the XML file encoding should be unicode, but sometimes, when a xml file be sent via email or be transferred by a cloud service, the file encoding may be changed - this is out the control of QuickPlan. To fix it:
- Open the XML file in notepad app on the Windows PC.
- "Save as" menu in notepad, then specify the encoding as Unicode
Import from MS Project
The tasks in the first 8 outline levels of the Microsoft project will be imported – tasks in the first 4 levels will be in the main project, tasks in outline level 5 to 8 will be imported into sub-projects.
- On a PC, open a project in Microsoft Project app, then click "Save as" menu to save the file as a XML file
- Import the xml into QuickPlan on the iOS device. For example if the XML file be transfered to iOS device via Email as an attachment.
- A new project will be created in QuickPlan